Quick Facts: The Home Studio Surface
• Standard Sizes: 4’x4’ (single panel), 8’x8’ (two panels), 8’x12’ (three panels), 8’x16’ (four panels)
• Colors: Classic White, Classic Black, Magenta, Rich Cherry, Warm Maple
• Custom Panels: 4x8, 4x10, 5x10 (inquire)
• Measures less than 1” thick, and each panel weighs about 54 lbs.
• Ideal on top of carpet. Can be used on top of tile, concrete and more
• Suitable for all climate-controlled rooms of the house, condo, or apartment
• Install can be modified by the user for greater shock absorption
• Can be disassembled and stored easily
• Scratch-resistant laminate top and lightweight shock-absorbing core create an ideal surface for pole dance and yoga
• Simple assembly, tools included
• Professional look and feel for your sacred space -- ideal for virtual classes, in-person privates, content creation
What it is
The Home Studio Surface is the world’s favorite floating pole dance floor, and the leading removable flooring solution for pole dancers, aerialists and yogis.
‘Floating’ means that the Home Studio Surface sits upon the existing flooring and is not permanently attached to anything with hardware or adhesives. It can be efficiently removed, stored, and re-assembled. Home Pole Studios’ ultra-lightweight, scratch-resistant panels make the Home Studio Surface the highest-quality removable flooring solution for pole dancing at home.
Who can use it
The Home Studio Surface is designed for pole dancers, but it can also be used for yoga, stretching, acro and many other fitness applications. Whether you hit the studio in person or stream online lessons, you always need a quality space at home to practice (or stream from)!
Installation and assembly are straightforward and can be completed by one or two adults in just a few minutes -- see our YouTube channel and our IGTV for assembly videos and more.
The Home Studio Surface is designed to remain flush and level under the tension of the pole, even on carpeted surfaces.
**This is an important distinction from traditional “sprung” floating floors, which are designed to bend/give under a dancer’s weight. This makes them ideal for ballet, tap, etc. but not for use with a pole, especially on carpeted surfaces.**
Traditional types of sprung floating floors are not ideal for use under a removable pole, which can cause gaps, lips, and even splintering between flooring segments. The Home Studio Surface is specifically designed to disperse the pressure from the pole and to self-level, giving you a smoother dance surface than traditional multi-piece floating floors can.
• Each Home Studio Surface panel is framed with wood sourced in the USA, filled with an extremely lightweight vibration-dampening core material, then finished with laminate
• Scratch-resistant laminate for a true studio experience at home, barefoot or in heels
• Designed for use under any removable, tension-mounted pole
• Simple to install and remove
• Designed and tested by professional pole dancers
• Made in the USA
About Home Pole Studios
Home Pole Studios is the world leader in removable pole dance floors, and its sister company Elite Pole Dance Solutions is an emerging leader in transformational stagecraft courses for pole performers.
We are passionate about dance, and we believe in the transformative power of performance art. We also recognize the importance of a dedicated, inspiring dance space.
Home Pole Studios was founded in 2015 when Farley Lynn designed and built the first Home Studio Surface to finish out her home dance room. Several months later, she trekked out to Pole Expo to launch the company & our flagship product.
This year (2020) we are on track to have our best year yet. Each year, we grow our reach and strengthen our impact, both on the pole community and on our own goals & dreams!
In 2019, Farley created Home Pole Studios’ sister company, Elite Pole Dance Solutions, to offer unique online courses + private coaching. We are incredibly excited and grateful for its early success, and for the opportunity to integrate our passion for performing with our signature products.
Our mission is
- to promote the art and sport of pole dancing,
- to forge opportunities for the creative and financial empowerment of all those who possess the divine feminine spirit, and
- to celebrate diversity through inclusiveness.
We aim to do this by providing the best-designed and highest-quality home studio solutions for pole dancers, by offering the most unique transformational performance & stagecraft courses for pole dancers, and by creating unique opportunities for performers to share their art and generate wealth.